The crowd turned out at Kidspace by the Rose Bowl, in the beautiful Arroyo Thursday night for the Arroyo Verde Awards given by the Arroyo Seco Foundation.
Tim Brick led the festivities which included awards to:
- The Hahamongna Bloggers for Best Advocacy (about 25 of us blogged on the same day to protest development plans in the Hahamongna Watershed Park) below JPL
- Foothill Municipal Water District for Greening the Arroyo–Agency
- Urban Semillas and Miguel Luna for Greening the Arroyo–Organization
- Arroyo Green Team, Audobon Center for Volunteers
- Nolan Pack and PCC Student Government for Citizen Activist
- Michael Cacciotti, mayor Pro-Tempore, City of South Pasadena (great remarks!)
- Highland Park resident Virginia Neely for a Special Award for her historical record-keeping and assistance to many
- Nicole Possert for Lifetime Achievement
See my earlier post for the list of Hahamongna bloggers, and add to that Steve Scauzillo
Thanks for the great party! So nice to be recognized! And hats off to Petrea Burchard, Karin Bugge, and Barbara Ellis who hatched the united blogging idea.
While we all got certificates, Petrea’s in possession of the festive froggy award that glows in the dark! That should keep her hoppin. And thanks to new friend Robert for taking a slug of these photos.
Here are some pix. They’re also on flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohdebutaunt/